CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Girl's Weekend!


So a couple of weekends ago, my friend Kristal and I got to go on a girl's weekend courtesy of Taylor's last remaining Hilton Honors points. He was so nice to let us use all of them to stay in Eugene for the weekend. Now I know many of you are thinking "Eugene? What a weird place to have a girl's weekend!" Seriously, it's fun. We don't do anything special. We hang out in our hotel room, then go to dinner, catch the...darn now it's $1.50 movies. The next day you can find us in my very favorite store the Buffalo Exchange, some fun lunch, back to the hotel to relax for a catnap, then off to a nice dinner, and maybe a little more shopping! Sunday we were able to go to a Calvary Church in Eugene. My friend Christina Parker and her family go there, and it is such a warm church so full of the Lord!

I was so thankful to my wonderful husband for letting me get away. Time always flies when you are having fun! I again get to go away with some girls for my big 3-0 celebration/retreating with the Lord. I can't wait. It may sound like, by this blog that all I want to do is get away. Some days, yes. With my 6,4, and 2 year old, life has been so hectic lately. I have found that every so often if I catch my breath...it helps all involved. :) Keeps a smile on my face, ya know?

But, I do enjoy being here too. Tonight was nice with the kids. They all took a late nap, because today was too nice to pass up going outside! We got some pizza, cooked some yummy choco chip cookies that Jessie made. By the way Jessie, YUM-O! And, watched the 10 commandments. It was nice to just hang out with them today.

So, sorry for blabbing. I am a psycho and it's almost 3am. What am I doing? Well, I am a self-confessed night owl...and I have a problem. ;) I am sure I will read this again someday at a normal hour of the day and ask myself what I was thinking, and why I was going on and on. But for right now, it seems completely normal! tee-hee Well, hope to see most of you tomorrow morning at the Easter Rain-a-bration! If you notice some extra dark bags around the old eyeballs...now you know why. Peace!

4 comments:

Kristal said...

wow, who is that hot chick in the pic with you...she is one cute girl! :) What a good friend she is too..after all these years...lol...;)

The Biles said...

Seriously, I need to go check out the Buffalo! =) Love your pic!

Laura said...

You and I are definitely cut from the same cloth :) Must be a Laura thing!

I think 3:00am blogging material is some of the best myself so keep it coming... As long as you can function with a smile the next day.

Love you girl!

BETHANY said...

Time away with girls is so great!! Glad you were able to get a break. :)