CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ag Fest '08

This weekend we had the joy of having my friend Kristal's kids here again. We decided to take the six to Ag Fest in Salem. It was a lot of fun...but tiring! I am typing this with a brain full of mush, because I went to bed waaay too late and woke up waaay too early. ;) What's my problem? Do I not learn the elementary science equation: no sleep + being a mom= EXHAUSTION!!!???

Anyway, we had a really good time looking at all the animals, watching a sheep get sheared, eating a "down home" breakfast (thumbs down), and just generally enjoying the sunshine while trying really hard not to lose someone.

It's always really great having the kids get together. They are all the same age, and it's neat to see them together when they aren't fighting. What is it about kids that they see each other for only a few days after not seeing each other for months, and all it takes is a matter of minutes to start a fight? I don't get it. I guess that's what comes along with being 30 and learning a thing or two. Hee-hee.

Enjoy some pics of our day! Love y'all! (Excuse the cowboy language, too many hours amongst the farm folk! ;)


1 comments:

Laura said...

Laura,

Howdy cowgirl! Glad you had fun sheerin' sheep and shuckin' corn :)
No, seriously.... it looks like the kiddos had a blast and I think it's awesome that you entered and exited with all 6 kids! Not to mention that they look happy :) Way to go!

I hope Kristal had a blast at the youth conference thingy! Like my technical language?!

Give me a call this week, k?! Love ya much!!!!!