CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Church of Oprah

So, a friend of mine sent me this important piece of information that I really think we stay at home moms should be aware of. I know many of you don't watch Oprah, but I do, and have noticed a steady decline in what shows I can watch. I turn it off unless she has Dr. Oz on, or an interesting story in which I'd like to know more. She had a great story on either Thursday or Friday about the girls that had mistakenly been mixed up and one family thought their daughter was dead when she was really alive in the hospital with the other family.

Anyway, not to get sidetracked! I am really going to pray and seek the Lord...he might just want me to shut her down completely. But, for many of you on the fence about her, I thought I'd give you a little insight into what she truly believes and the sad place she is turning many Christians. I also just wanted to share with y'all this verse:

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

Be in prayer that those in our families and those in our church body will not fall away and be drawn away by the teaching of the enemy. I know that he is trying so hard to get his claws in those that are living in the gray. As Brett likes to say: "It's not about what can I get away with and still make it to heaven. It's about how radical can I be." How much garbage can we get rid of on our way to heaven? We're not perfect, but we need to follow what 1 Thessalonians 5:14 also tells us:

And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.



4 comments:

Strauss House said...

Woah. I always knew she was new-agey but I didn't realize how far she's gone. I have caught an episode from time to time (I like the makeover shows, what can I say?) but this is really saddening. Pray for Oprah!

Kristal said...

Does this mean our dream of going to see Oprah is over? ;) sniff-sniff.....just kidding, I am glad you sent this to me...she is off her rocker!!! I love you...so on our girls weekends, we are going to have to find a new 4:00 fav show when we arrive at our hotel....Ellen is out...she's gay...Oprah is out...she is off her rocker...hmmm....the news? no too many shootings...LOL...any how..just ramblin on sista....talk to you tom....K

Laura said...

I turned Oprah on and then off for the last time more than 6 months ago. I used to watch her at the Y so you know it's been awhile :)

I just can't handle her anymore. People practically worship her and turn to HER for the truth on "spirituality". Sad. She really has a HUGE following.
She definitely needs prayer as Mindy said. It's so sad that she once had it right and then started looking within herself and then to sources other than the bible to find more. Never a good plan.

Unknown said...

wow... thanks for sharing this. I don't watch Oprah but that's just because I don't watch TV that much at all, really. But wow... I know so many women who do and just love her. It's pretty scary. We should definitely be praying.