CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008



Ok, so I am almost finished reading The Shack. I at first thought it was a true story, because of the forward...but after doing some searching on the author's blog, I have realized that it is a work of fiction. It's a funny thing, I have heard some differing opinions on this book, but for myself, I was intrigued. I don't really agree with the way that He chooses to portray God in the book, but I definitely get the feeling that it's not the way the author thinks about God.

So, all to say...it's a thought provoking book that I feel has caused me to think more about my own response to tragedy and God's kindness in it. If any of you have read it, I'd be interested to hear your opinion. We tend to be sceptical of anything that comes along; it's good at times, and yet can be detrimental to God speaking to us in different ways. It's important to check everything through the sieve of the Word, and to ask for wisdom in everything we do. That's been my stance in reading this book. So, I am recommending this book...but do your searching first. I don't want you to come back and be offended! ;)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for your review, Laura.
I thought about picking up this book last time I was in Christian supply.
Maybe I could borrow yours?

See you tomorrow :)

Abby said...

I have heard it is incredible and it is on my list of things to read soon. Thanks for your "review". :)