CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Women's Retreat at Bradley

I had the pleasure of going to Applegate's Women's Retreat last month and lead some worship with my sis Danelle. It was such a blessing to be at Lake Bradley with seriously a camp full of women I did not know. I love being stretched out of my comfort zone, and get to know people new! We had such a fun time, and it was so beautiful there.

After it was over, my sis was going to haul us to Brookings, all in the name of Clam Chowder! We persuaded her to only go 30 minutes away to a cute little coastal town to eat at the Crazy Norwegian. She was unimpressed; as were we, not by the food, but the service was seriously lacking. I mean seriously.

After lunch we had an impromptu beach stop, where we took some candid shots. I think they turned out pretty hilarious. We even had a free prop in the way of a gigantic dead rotting fish. Mmmmm. Then on our way back we sang, took some pics out the window, ie. the cool rainbow shot! The sun was starting to get pretty low in the sky and there were some shots we wanted to take by this field, but by the time we turned around and parked on the side of this side road, it went behind a cloud. We didn't really pay attention that we were sort of standing on somebody's dirt driveway, because it was really long, and it was a really rural area. But, then we noticed these people across the street in their nightgown and PJ bottoms standing on their porch staring at us. We thought it was so funny; the vision of us with our camera, taking pictures of their neighbor's field. We stayed there a bit, just to make them a bit more nervous. We got to our car though, once we noticed a van coming down the driveway. Once we were in our car, it stopped and just sat in the middle of their dirt road. The PJ people sat and stared at us like we were some secret government agency coming to take secret photos of their property. I ran back across the road...just for good measure, but then my sister told me she didn't want to get abducted and to get back in the car.

I really am 30 people, even though I don't act like it. If you saw my sis and I together, you'd understand our humor a little better. Or, then again, maybe not! So, I just thought I'd explain all these weird pictures, and why they are really funny to me. ;) Thanks Kristal and Nellie for the fun trip, you make me feel like I'm 15 not 30...love it!

2 comments:

Kristal said...

I had a blast too sis! We haven't changed much since we were 15..well in some ways ;), but anyhow..I still have as much fun with you as I did then! I look forward to being 80 and silly with ya if the Lord tarries! Thanks for the fun weekend as well!

Jessica Rae said...

So jealous...love Camp Bradley! Looks like you had so much fun!